As of June 19, 2014, the operation of Enterprise Cape Breton Corporation has been transferred to both the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency and the Public Works and Government Services Canada. Content on this site has been archived for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes.
Web pages that are archived on the Internet are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. For more information on archived materials, please visit Library and Archives Canada
Please refer to the appropriate Government of Canada Agency/Department for updated information:
Government of Canada Supports Innovative Cape Breton Company Serving the Music Industry
June 6, 2014 Sydney, NS Enterprise Cape Breton Corporation
Billdidit Inc. of Sydney, NS, a designer and producer of innovative products for the music industry, has received a $500,000 repayable contribution through the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency’s Business Development Program to establish a manufacturing facility for the production of hardware and accessories for drummers. To establish this facility, Billdidit is partnering with Sabian, an internationally renowned cymbal designer and manufacturer based in New Brunswick.
- Established in 2009, Billdidit has extensive experience in product development, commercialization, manufacturing management and technical support. The company primarily develops and sells drum and percussion related equipment.
- Billdidit’s products are used by amateur as well as recording and touring percussionists from around the world who perform with artists such as Ozzy Osbourne, Korn and Alice Cooper.
- In addition to Sabian, Billdidit has also developed products for global manufacturers Dixon Drums of Taiwan. They currently have four product patents and nine patents pending.
- The new facility will be dedicated primarily to producing low to mid-volume products for Billdidit and Sabian Cymbals. It is anticipated to create 20 jobs immediately with the potential to grow to 40 jobs within five years.
“Billdidit Inc. is an excellent example of how our Government is helping companies in rural areas create jobs and remain competitive in the global marketplace. I am very pleased that our Government’s investment will help this Cape Breton company increase its productivity, expand into new markets and create local economic growth.”
- The Honourable Rob Moore, Minister of State (Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency)
“In the intensely competitive music industry, we achieve an advantage by providing superior customer service, quality and customized products in a timely fashion. The funding we receive through ACOA for this project allows us to modernize our equipment, improve our productivity and enables us to compete in new markets.”
- Joseph Menchefski, President, Billdidit Inc.
Director of Communications
Office of the Minister of State
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency