As of June 19, 2014, the operation of Enterprise Cape Breton Corporation has been transferred to both the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency and the Public Works and Government Services Canada. Content on this site has been archived for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes.
Web pages that are archived on the Internet are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. For more information on archived materials, please visit Library and Archives Canada
Please refer to the appropriate Government of Canada Agency/Department for updated information:
ECBC HOSTS PUBLIC MEETING
February 28, 2014 Sydney, NS Enterprise Cape Breton Corporation
Enterprise Cape Breton Corporation (ECBC) will hold its fifth annual public meeting on Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at 6:30 p.m. at the BayPlex in Glace Bay, NS.
The purpose of the meeting is to share information with the public regarding the Corporation’s mandate, activities and strategic direction. A networking session will follow.
The general public is cordially invited to attend.
• ECBC is the principal federal entity for commercial and community economic development on Cape Breton Island and in Mulgrave.
• In addition to its own programs, ECBC is also responsible for delivering the programs of the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) in Cape Breton and Mulgrave and for the residual environmental and human resource obligations of the former Cape Breton Development Corporation (CBDC).
• Through its economic development programs, environmental remediation activities and human-resource obligations to former CBDC employees, ECBC directly injected over $83 million into the local economy in 2012-2013, leveraging an additional $34 million in investment.
• In commercial development, ECBC approved over $14.2 million in assistance to 176 projects.
• Over $8.9 million was committed 106 community development projects.
• Over the last 10 years, $191 million has been expended on the remediation of 53 former mine sites and the management of mine water issues.
Enterprise Cape Breton Corporation is a federal Crown corporation offering programs in support of commercial development, community development, environmental stewardship and real property development on Cape Breton Island and in the Mulgrave area. It is also responsible for the delivery of the programs of the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency in its mandate area.